Requirements of Work:
- Verifies accounts receivable and accounts payable schedules.
- Checks vouchers against invoices for appropriate dates, authorizations and signatures.
- Compares purchase order items and prices against receipts and inventories;
- Examines check register, against vendor names, amounts and cross checks with correspondence, receipts and invoices;
- Notifies lead auditor of any apparent inaccuracies, shortages or discrepancies encounter in an audit.
- Writes finding and recommendation reports for review by Auditor-in-charge.
- Examines vouchers supporting minor disbursements.
- Checks the posting of entries from the journals to the ledger.
- Check the accuracy of footings and extensions on books of account and other records.
- Prepares standard audit engagement, audit programs, management representation letter and legal representation letters.
- Performs other related duties as maybe assigned.
Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of auditing and accounting; ability to carry out a prescribed audit program or office assignment in accordance with standard procedures; ability to prepare a concise report of work performed, and ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Desirable Preparation for Work:
Any combination equivalent to graduation from a two-year college with a major in accounting or any related field plus three (3) years experience in accounting or related field.