- Plans, organizes and directs the administrative activities of the department.
- Supervises the works of professional, technical and clerical employees.
- Directs staff services of the department.
- Directs personnel, finance, budget, purchasing, supply and other office management operations.
- Studies and develops office methods and procedures.
- Reviews and assists in the development of policies and programs.
- Prepares various statistical and financial reports.
- Reviews monthly statements of expenditures for adherence of budgetary limitations and overall programs of the department.
- Performs variety of public relations duties.
- Represents administrative policy and procedure revision.
- Prepares drafts of special ordinances, contracts, financial statement and annual reports.
- Conducts administrative research on specialized problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.